In one of my earliest consumer dispute cases filed for defective Air Conditioner in 2012,
the Addl. Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Mumbai Suburban District Admin Bldg.,
3rd floor, Nr. Chetana College, Bandra-East, Mumbai-51 has passed its order on 1.2.17
Complaint Case No. RBT/CC/12/93 1.
ANILA GUPTA , BINOY GUPTA
1101, SHIROMANI, RAJ KAMAL LANE, PAREL, MUMBAI-12. ………..Complainant(s)
- SNEHANJALI 1, BONANZA ARCADE, S.V ROAD, AMBOLI, OPP. RAILWAY STATION CROSSING, ANDHERI-WEST, MUMBAI-58.
- L G ELECTRONICS INDIA PVT. LTD., PLOT NO. 51, SURAJPUR KASNA ROAD, GREATER NOIDA, U.P.-201306. …………Opp.Party(s)
In the result we pass the following order.
- RBT Consumer Complaint No. 93/2012 is partly allowed.
- The Opposite Party No.2 LG Electronics India Private Limited is directed to replace AC Model No.LSA5ZGSN with new AC of same quality and description within two months from the date of receipt of the order.
- The Opposite Party No. 2 is directed to pay Rs.10,000/- as compensation for mental angry to complaint No. 1.
- No order as to cost.
Copy of this order be sent to the both parties. [HON’BLE MR. S.D.MADAKE] PRESIDENT [HON’BLE MR. S.V.KALAL] MEMBER
Link to the full decision:
The order is good. But the District Forum has directed LG is replace the old AC with another new one of the same model. This model has been discontinued several years ago.
Further, the Forum has not awarded any interest and costs which is normally done.
I have therefore preferred appeal in the State Commission.
LG has agreed to replace the old AC with one of the latest versions and pay compensation of Rs. 10,000. I will withdraw the appeal.